Love is in the air in North Carolina! Whether you’re a North Carolina native or just dreaming of a Southern wedding, this state has no shortage of stunning wedding venues to say “I do” at. From mountains to beaches, vineyards to barns, there’s a venue for every couple’s style and preference. In this blog post, we’re sharing our top picks for the 6 best wedding venues in NC. So sit back, grab a cup of sweet tea, and let’s explore some of the most beautiful and romantic wedding venues in North Carolina :)
1. Alexander Homestead in Charlotte NC
Hey there! If you’re looking for the perfect wedding venue that combines the beauty of nature with exceptional planning services, then look no further than Alexander Homestead. Located just a stone’s throw away from Uptown Charlotte, our venue is famous for its lush secret gardens and expert wedding and event planners.
Our dedicated team boasts over 25 years of experience and is committed to making your special day memorable and stress-free. We’ve got you covered from the intimate ceremony to the epic reception.
We want you to feel like a guest at your wedding, so we offer both access to our wedding experts at no additional cost and complete customization of your day. We’ll take care of everything so you can relax and enjoy every moment.
And the best part? Our all-inclusive package includes everything you need for a perfect day. From the private, gated property that can accommodate up to 215 guests to the amazing food and drinks, and even a virtual Marriage Enrichment course, we’ve thought of everything.
Our Garden & Barn Wedding Venue Inclusions
At Alexander Homestead, we offer a comprehensive wedding package that takes care of all your needs and ensures you have a hassle-free, unforgettable experience on your big day. Here’s a breakdown of what’s included:
- A private, spacious, and gated property that can accommodate up to 215 guests, with ample on-site parking and easy access to hotels and affordable rideshares for your guests.
- An experienced Event Manager who will handle all the details of your in-house vendors and services, communicate with you throughout the planning process, and make sure everything runs smoothly on your wedding day.
- A Day-of coordinator to coordinate all the last-minute details and ensure your day is perfectly orchestrated from start to finish.
- Five hours to use our beautiful indoor reception and garden gazebo ceremony spaces, with a complimentary garden party experience (cocktail hour) for your guests, including mouthwatering appetizers and refreshing lemonade.
- A two-hour bridal suite accommodation with kitchenette, private restroom, ample mirrors, and emergency supplies kit, among other amenities.
- One hour for rehearsal led by your day-of coordinator, a two-hour on-site photo session before your wedding day with your photographer, and customized layout and planning for both indoor and outdoor ceremonies and receptions.
- Ample ADA-accessible parking and restrooms, with optional partner vendors that are vetted by our owner and industry experts for a truly all-inclusive and stress-free experience.
- A wide range of photo opportunities throughout our historic house, barn, gardens, footbridge, fountains, trees, pond, gazebo, and more.
- Welcome and ceremony signs, seating chart, reserved signs, shepherd’s hooks, and easels are included to save you money on one-time decor items.
- Your choice of chef-prepared entrees and salad, with plated or buffet catering service, specialty linens, chairs, flatware, glassware, tableware, and banquet manager support.
- Unlimited beer, wine, and seltzers of your choice, bar services, ceremony sound technician and equipment, and virtual marriage enrichment course.
- No hidden costs, taxes, or gratuity, with a stress-free planning process for you and your loved ones, and no set-up or clean-up required from them.
Our all-inclusive package is designed to make your special day stress-free and enjoyable, with a structured process and experienced staff to meet your every need.
So why wait? Let’s start this journey together and create an unforgettable wedding experience at Alexander Homestead for you and your loved ones.
2. Twickenham House & Hall – North Carolina Wedding Venues with Mountain Views
Twickenham House and Hall is an elegant and luxurious estate nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, offering a stunning backdrop for couples seeking a private and intimate wedding experience. With 400 acres of beautiful nature to explore, Twickenham House and Hall provides a serene escape from the noise and bustle of the city, while still being just minutes away from the attractions of the High Country.
Lodging at the Wedding Venue
Twickenham House and Hall is more than just a wedding venue – it’s an experience. The estate exudes Old English elegance and charm, transporting guests to another world from the moment they drive past the gate. The Old English Manor, Twickenham House, is available for a three-night stay (Thursday – Sunday) and can accommodate up to 50 guests, making it the perfect setting for a weekend of wedding bliss.
Comfortable and Luxurious Amenities
During their stay, guests can enjoy all the amenities the estate offers, including a hot tub, steam room, commercial kitchen, and movie theater. With plenty of space to explore, guests can hike, fish, or simply relax and soak up the stunning views.
Onsite Wedding Planners
At Twickenham House and Hall, the wedding planners are dedicated to ensuring that couples have a stress-free wedding experience. They are available to guide couples through each step, from the first call to discuss their vision and budget to coordinating with vendors and ensuring that everything runs smoothly on the big day. With their help, couples can relax and enjoy their wedding day, knowing everything is handled.
Ceremony and Reception Spaces
Twickenham House and Hall offers several unique ceremony locations, each with its own stunning backdrop. Whether couples want to exchange their vows against the backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains or in a woodland setting, the estate offers a range of options to suit every style and preference.
After the ceremony, guests can head to Twickenham Hall for the reception. With its expansive ceilings, stunning chandeliers, and natural wood accents, Twickenham Hall provides an elegant and grand space for celebrating. The largest wood-burning fireplace in North Carolina provides a warm and inviting ambiance, while the attached deck offers the perfect setting for cocktail hour and stargazing.
The wedding package includes farm tables and chairs, and the Twickenham House and Hall team handles both setup and take down. With no time limit or noise restrictions, couples and their guests can dance the night away and make unforgettable memories.
Overall, Twickenham House and Hall offers a unique and unforgettable wedding experience with its luxurious estate, stunning natural surroundings, and dedicated team of wedding planners. Whether couples are looking for a grand and elegant affair or a private and intimate celebration, Twickenham House and Hall provides the perfect setting for creating memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. – Here are some fun facts about the Blue Ridge Mountains if you’re planning to say “I Do” with mountain views:
- The Blue Ridge Mountains are believed to be one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world, estimated to be more than 480 million years old.
- The Blue Ridge Parkway, which stretches 469 miles through the Blue Ridge Mountains, is the longest linear park in the United States.
- The Blue Ridge Mountains are home to more than 130 species of trees, making it one of the world’s most diverse deciduous forest ecosystems.
- The highest peak in the Blue Ridge Mountains is Mount Mitchell, which stands at 6,684 feet and is located in North Carolina.
- The Blue Ridge Mountains are also home to the largest natural limestone caverns in the Eastern United States, the Luray Caverns, which feature stunning rock formations and underground lakes.
- The Blue Ridge Mountains were once home to the Cherokee Nation, and many of their descendants still live in the region today.
- The Blue Ridge Mountains are known for their stunning fall foliage, which attracts visitors from all over the world. And yes, fall weddings are drop-dead gorgeous in this mountain range!
- The Blue Ridge Mountains are also home to a number of unique species of wildlife, including the red-cockaded woodpecker, the bog turtle, and the hellbender salamander.
- The Blue Ridge Mountains are said to have inspired many famous writers and artists, including John Muir, who referred to the region as “the Blue Eden.”
- The Blue Ridge Mountains are known for their unique music tradition, including bluegrass and old-time music, which has been heavily influenced by the region’s African American and Scottish-Irish heritage.
3. Taylor Ranch in Asheville, NC
The event spaces offered by Taylor Ranch are designed to provide a rustic mountain elegance to any special event. The Waterin’ Hole, an open-air venue nestled under the canopies of hardwood trees, can accommodate up to 130 guests with food service and bar areas. The venue features a stage and a hardwood dance floor to make any event even more memorable.
The Lakehouse, located by the lake, boasts 6000 square feet of post and beam construction, complete with tables, chairs, food service areas, and a Red Oak Bar. The Lakehouse also features a stage and dance floor at the center of the room for easy access and visibility. The venue is suitable for groups of all sizes and types.
Both The Lakehouse and The Waterin’ Hole have private lawn game areas; campfire rings with log bench seating and restroom facilities. Additional picnic-style seating areas are located throughout the 500-acre working Quarter Horse and Texas Longhorn Cattle Ranch.
The ranch is located in beautiful Cane Creek Valley, only 15 minutes from Asheville, NC. The ranch offers scenic mountain views, gently rolling hills, and a 7-acre lake stocked with brim and bass, making it the perfect place for celebrations. Taylor Ranch provides spaces for groups and events of all sizes and types.
The venue offers two lakeside post and beam pavilions (covered, heated, or open-air), plenty of ranch activities, and turn-key planning. Guests can enjoy activities such as horseshoes, corn hole, volleyball, softball, or sport fishing. The Lakehouse and The Waterin’ Hole provide spaces to meet every need, including lakeside ceremony platforms, log bench seating throughout, campfire seating, and plenty of lawn for fun and folly.
Fun facts about Asheville if you’re planning to get married there:
- Asheville is home to the largest privately-owned house in the United States – the Biltmore Estate. The estate was built by George Vanderbilt in the late 1800s and is open to the public for tours. And yes, you can get married there
- The city has a rich history of art and craft. It is home to the Southern Highland Craft Guild, which is the oldest craft organization in America.
- Asheville is also known for its many breweries. In fact, the city has more breweries per capita than any other city in the United States.
- Asheville is home to the world’s largest privately-owned collection of vintage motorcycles. The collection, which is owned by Dale Walksler, is housed at the Wheels Through Time Museum.
- The city has a very strong spiritual and alternative community. In fact, Asheville has been named the “New Age Capital of the World” by some.
- Asheville has a very vibrant music scene. The city is home to the famous Brevard Music Center, one of the country’s premier music schools.
- The city has a very unique climate. Due to its location in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Asheville experiences a phenomenon called “thermal belt” which causes the city to have a warmer climate than surrounding areas.
- Asheville is also home to the largest public access telescope in the Southeast. The telescope is housed at the PARI (Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute) and is open to the public for viewing.
- The city is known for its many street performers and artists. The most famous of which is the “Asheville Drum Circle”, which has been a weekly event in the city for over 20 years.
4. The Omni Grove Park Inn Weddings
The Omni Grove Park Inn is a stunning wedding destination located at 290 Macon Avenue in Asheville, North Carolina. With 513 guest rooms and four venues/rooms, the options for your special day are endless. The outdoor space spans 18,951 square feet and accommodates up to 200 guests.
Hotel Wedding Venue in NC
The Wedding Team at The Omni Grove Park Inn is dedicated to making your day unforgettable. They understand that every wedding is unique and will be on hand to answer any questions or concerns you may have. They have also established a list of answers to commonly asked questions to help get your planning started.
For a more intimate wedding ceremony or reception with breathtaking views overlooking the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains, the open-air Vanderbilt Terrace is the perfect choice. The square footage of the terrace is 4,290 and can accommodate up to 75 guests for the ceremony.
Mountain View Terrace
The Mountain View Terrace offers the perfect indoor venue with floor-to-ceiling windows framing a beautiful mountain backdrop and a massive outdoor rock fireplace. The star-lit terrace with scenic mountain views spans over 5,346 square feet and can accommodate up to 200 guests.
The Skyline Room also provides an indoor venue with stunning mountain views through its floor-to-ceiling windows. The room has a square footage of 5,346 and can accommodate up to 200 guests.
If you’re looking for a charming wedding venue with the perfect indoor and outdoor space flow, the historic Country Club at The Omni Grove Park Inn is a great choice. The venue features dramatic Norman architecture, a scalloped roof, and an expansive patio with scenic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the lush rolling greens of their golf course. This venue requires a 90-day advance reservation and has a square footage of 6,596 and a guest capacity of 120.
The Pavilion, an Arts & Crafts-inspired pavilion, honors the style and craftsmanship of the historic Main Inn while showcasing the stunning scenery of the property. The rustic ambiance provided by the exposed trusses, reclaimed wood, and stacked hearth around the large fireplace, combined with the polished concrete flooring and modern technical amenities, offers the perfect blend of old and new. The Pavilion also boasts six pairs of picturesque, floor-to-ceiling doors and windows providing panoramic views of the mountain range and the lush Donald Ross-designed golf course. The Pavilion has a square footage of 200 and can accommodate up to 300 guests for a reception and up to 200 guests for a banquet.
Whether you’re looking for an intimate outdoor ceremony or a large indoor reception, The Omni Grove Park Inn has a venue that will meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
5. Lake Eden Retreat
Lake Eden Wedding Venue recently underwent a stunning transformation with renovating the historic Black Mountain College Barns into a charming event center and reception hall.
Indoor Barn North Carolina Wedding Venue
This indoor venue provides a rustic and unique setting, perfect for hosting your special day. With a plethora of amenities including restrooms, a catering area, wine cask cocktail tables, outside terrace, ample parking, tables & chairs for up to 150 seated guests, finished pine top bar, heaters, fans, and a stage with full electric and styled lighting, your guests are sure to have an unforgettable experience. And, for a touch of fun, there’s even a foosball table and a large movie screen available to share your special moments.
Bridal Suite at Lake Eden
In addition to the gorgeous barn, Lake Eden also boasts the newly renovated Meadows Suite on the ground floor of the Meadows building. Originally built by E.W. Grove in 1910 as the Meadows Inn, it was later used as student dorms and classrooms during the Black Mountain College era, and then as the main business office for the non-profit LEAF Global Arts for almost 20 years. Today, it has a new life as the hub of bridal activity, offering private dressing rooms, a large screened porch, full kitchen, 1.5 baths with plenty of mirrors, amenities, and getting-ready spaces. The usage of the Meadows Suite for 6 hours on the wedding day is included in any of the ceremony packages (overnights not included).
How to get to Lake Eden from Asheville
If you don’t own a vehicle, consider renting a car for an easy access to Lake Eden. To get to Lake Eden Wedding Venue, if you’re coming from Asheville, approach from I-40 to Swannanoa Exit 59, turn left at the end of the ramp, and then right at the light onto US-70. Turn left at the next light, cross over the small bridge, and take an immediate right at the stop sign, and you’ll be on Old US-70. Follow it for 1.9 miles to the first light and turn left onto Lake Eden Road.
If you’re coming from the east, take I-40 to the first Black Mountain exit, Exit 65. The exit ramp merges with US-70, which runs straight through downtown Black Mountain. You will travel about 3.5 miles through several traffic lights, past lots of small businesses until you see the large Ingle’s Warehouse on the left. Turn right at the traffic light onto Grove Stone Road. Turn left at the first light onto Old US-70, and at the next light turn right onto Lake Eden Road.
Once you’re on Lake Eden Rd, drive approximately 2 miles until you pass Camp Rockmont on the left (DO NOT TURN IN!). The next entrance at 377 Lake Eden Road is your left turn. A large metal sign says Lake Eden Events & Lodging and a light post. It is a paved drive between two lakes. Follow the drive between the lakes and fork right at the next sign up the drive, past the wedding deck on your left and the parking pasture on the right. Once you cross the stream, Mountain Stream Lodge will be directly ahead on your left. Take a sharp right up the hill for the LEAF Office/Meadows building.
6. Moore’s Springs Manor
Moore’s Springs Manor is the exclusive wedding and event venue nestled in the picturesque Sauratown Mountains, near Hanging Rock State Park, offering unmatched views in North Carolina. The location is perfect, just a short drive from the rolling hills of Stokes County and minutes away from King, Danbury, Walnut Cove, Pilot Mountain, and Mount Airy. Conveniently accessible from all neighboring counties of Forsyth, Guilford, Surry, and more, it is also the closest mountain venue to Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill.
The Perfect Backdrop
Moore’s Springs Manor can make it happen whether you envision a casual, country-chic, or formal wedding. The pavilion allows you to experience any ambiance from a rustic barn to a grand ballroom. In case you dream of an outdoor wedding, rain or shine, the venue has the accommodations to meet your needs. Make Moore’s Springs Manor your destination wedding location and create unforgettable memories.
Greenhouse and Gazebo Ceremony Wedding Venue
Arriving at Moore’s Springs Manor will transport you to a bygone era. The stately elegance of the venue harmonizes perfectly with its rustic backdrop. It’s not a feeling of being transported back in time but rather, a feeling that time has never moved forward. The greenhouse gardens, the three-tiered fountain, the gazebo, and the porch rockers on the veranda are all part of this enchanting experience.
Outdoor Ceremony Spaces and Lodging
The grounds and accommodations are available, only limited by your imagination. You can take advantage of a plantation outdoor wedding with a barn wedding photo op, or anything in between. The Moore’s Springs Manor team will help bring your vision to life. Don’t just make your wedding memorable, make it incredible. Call them at 336-420-3664 to discuss your special day at the premier outdoor wedding venue in the Piedmont triad of North Carolina.
A brief overview of North Carolina and its wedding traditions
North Carolina is a beautiful state in the southeastern United States, known for its picturesque beaches, rolling hills, and vibrant cities. When it comes to weddings, the geography of North Carolina provides tons of options and wedding traditions. Whether you’re looking for a sophisticated ballroom, a sun-soaked beach, or a historic mansion, you can find the perfect venue in North Carolina.
Luxury hotels, country clubs, and historic mansions are popular choices for a formal wedding. Garden and waterfront weddings are great for couples who want to enjoy the area’s natural beauty. For a beachy wedding, there are plenty of resorts, inns, and restaurants. And for some of the most unique weddings, consider an island wedding on one of North Carolina’s offshore islands.
When it comes to wedding traditions, many ceremonies and receptions have a distinct Southern flair. From the delicious southern cuisines to the lively band, North Carolina weddings embody the warm and inviting hospitality of the region. Whether you choose a classic Southern plantation wedding or a more modern beach wedding, North Carolina has the perfect wedding venue for you.
Cities and towns in North Carolina:
Where should I search for NC wedding venues?
North Carolina has many beautiful cities and towns that are perfect for weddings. Here are some of the top cities and towns in NC to get married, each with its unique charm and character:
Asheville, NC is a stunning location to tie the knot. The city is nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and offers breathtaking views, lush landscapes, and a vibrant arts and culture scene. There’s a certain charm to Asheville that is hard to replicate, and it’s that charm that makes it a great place to get married. Asheville has something to offer whether you’re looking for a rustic mountain wedding or an elegant affair. The city is known for its unique and creative wedding venues, from historic estates to trendy breweries. With its abundance of outdoor activities, world-renowned restaurants, and top-notch accommodations, Asheville is the perfect destination for couples looking to make their wedding day truly unforgettable.
Wilmington, NC is a charming coastal city located in southeastern North Carolina. It boasts beautiful beaches, historic architecture, and a vibrant downtown area. There are several great reasons why Wilmington is a beautiful place to get married.
The city’s beautiful coastal scenery provides an incredible backdrop for weddings. Couples can choose from venues with stunning ocean views or a more intimate beach ceremony.
Wilmington is home to many beautiful historic buildings, such as the Bellamy Mansion, which can provide a unique and memorable setting for a wedding. The city’s rich history also allows couples to incorporate local traditions and customs into their wedding ceremony.
Wilmington has a great selection of local vendors and wedding planners who can help make any couple’s dream wedding a reality. From florists to photographers, caterers to DJs, there are plenty of talented professionals in Wilmington who are dedicated to making every wedding day special.
Overall, Wilmington, NC is a wonderful place to get married, with its beautiful coastal scenery, rich history, and talented local vendors.
Charlotte, NC is a vibrant city with a beautiful blend of southern charm and modern amenities. From the bustling streets of Uptown to the quaint neighborhoods of Dilworth and Myers Park, Charlotte has something to offer everyone. The city’s growing arts and culinary scenes make it a popular destination for weddings and other special events.
One of the top wedding venues in Charlotte is Alexander Homestead. This historic property boasts a charming historic house, a rustic barn, and lush gardens, providing the perfect backdrop for any wedding ceremony or reception. The venue’s experienced staff works tirelessly to ensure that each wedding is a unique and unforgettable experience for the happy couple and their guests.
Charlotte’s location in the heart of the Carolinas makes it easily accessible for guests from all over the region, while its mild climate ensures that weddings can be held year-round. With its blend of classic southern hospitality and modern sophistication, Charlotte is the perfect place to start your happily ever after.
Raleigh, NC is a beautiful, vibrant city with rich history and culture. It offers attractions and activities, from art museums and theaters to parks and nature trails. Raleigh’s charming downtown area features unique restaurants, cafes, and shops, perfect for exploring with loved ones. The city is also home to several top universities, contributing to its lively and intellectual atmosphere. Additionally, Raleigh’s location in the heart of North Carolina makes it an ideal starting point for exploring the rest of the state.
Durham, NC is a great place to get married for many reasons. The city has a rich history and is known for its beautiful landscapes and unique venues, which provide a perfect backdrop for a memorable wedding. From lush gardens to historic landmarks, many places in Durham offer a romantic and picturesque setting for your special day. Additionally, the city is home to many talented wedding vendors, including photographers, florists, and caterers, who can help you create the perfect wedding experience. Finally, Durham’s vibrant culture and diverse community make it an exciting place for you and your guests to explore before or after the wedding.
Chapel Hill, NC
Chapel Hill, NC is a beautiful and historic town offering a unique and charming wedding atmosphere. It is home to the prestigious University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which gives the town a lively and intellectual feel. Chapel Hill is known for its beautiful historic architecture, gorgeous natural scenery, and excellent dining and entertainment options.
For couples who appreciate history and culture, Chapel Hill has a wealth of unique wedding venues to choose from. There are many beautiful churches and chapels in the area, such as the iconic University United Methodist Church, which is known for its stunning stained-glass windows and Gothic architecture. There are also several historic buildings and homes that have been converted into event venues, such as the Carolina Inn, which is a beautiful historic hotel that offers a luxurious setting for weddings.
In addition to its rich history, Chapel Hill is also surrounded by stunning natural beauty. The town is located in the heart of North Carolina’s Piedmont region, surrounded by rolling hills, lush forests, and sparkling lakes. This natural beauty makes Chapel Hill an ideal destination for couples who want to incorporate outdoor elements into their wedding.
Finally, Chapel Hill is home to a vibrant and diverse community of artists, musicians, and chefs, which means plenty of excellent dining and entertainment options for couples and their guests. Chapel Hill has something to suit every taste and budget, from trendy gastropubs to elegant fine dining establishments.
Overall, Chapel Hill, NC is a wonderful place to get married. Its rich history, stunning natural beauty, and vibrant community make it an unforgettable destination for couples who want to celebrate their love in a unique and memorable way.
Winston-Salem, also known as the “Twin City” for its dual heritage of Moravian settlers and tobacco tycoons, is a vibrant and historic city in North Carolina’s heart. The city is a wonderful place to get married because of its unique blend of Southern charm, rich history, and modern amenities.
Winston-Salem is home lots of quirky and cool wedding venues, from grand historic estates to modern downtown event spaces. The city’s historic homes and gardens, such as Reynolda House Museum of American Art and Tanglewood Park, offer beautiful backdrops for a classic Southern wedding. Meanwhile, the downtown arts district and nearby breweries and wineries provide options for a more modern and urban wedding celebration.
Beyond its wedding venues, Winston-Salem also offers a range of activities for guests to enjoy, from exploring the city’s rich Moravian heritage to visiting the world-renowned Wake Forest University. Visitors can also enjoy the city’s thriving arts and culture scene, which includes museums, galleries, and live music venues.
Overall, Winston-Salem offers a unique blend of history, culture, and modern amenities, making it a wonderful place to get married and celebrate with loved ones.
Blowing Rock, NC
Blowing Rock is a charming mountain town in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Its scenic beauty and quaint small-town atmosphere make it a popular destination for weddings.
One of the main draws of Blowing Rock as a wedding location is its stunning natural scenery. The town is nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and the surrounding landscape offers breathtaking views of rolling hills, dense forests, and rushing streams. This natural beauty provides a romantic and picturesque backdrop for a wedding, and many outdoor venues are available to take advantage of it.
In addition to its scenic beauty, Blowing Rock also offers a variety of charming and unique wedding venues. From historic homes and rustic barns to elegant ballrooms and luxurious resorts, there is something to suit every taste and budget. The town is also home to a number of talented wedding vendors, including florists, caterers, photographers, and more, making it easy to plan the perfect wedding day.
Finally, Blowing Rock’s small-town atmosphere adds to its appeal as a wedding location. The town is known for its friendly residents, laid-back vibe, and welcoming spirit. This makes it easy for couples and their guests to relax and enjoy the wedding festivities in a comfortable and intimate setting. Whether you’re looking for a simple and casual wedding or a grand and elaborate affair, Blowing Rock offers the perfect setting for your special day.
Highlands, NC is a charming and picturesque town in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Its stunning natural beauty, rolling hills, waterfalls, and lush forests provide the perfect backdrop for a romantic and memorable wedding. The town is also home to many breathtaking venues, such as the Old Edwards Inn and Spa, the Highlands Country Club, and the High Hampton Inn, which offer a range of options for indoor and outdoor ceremonies and receptions.
In addition to its stunning scenery and top-notch venues, Highlands is also a destination that offers a wide range of activities and attractions for both the wedding party and guests. From hiking and horseback riding to shopping and dining, there is something for everyone to enjoy. And with a relatively mild climate year-round, there is never a bad time to plan a wedding in Highlands.
But perhaps the most compelling reason to get married in Highlands is the warm and welcoming community that calls it home. The Highlands people are friendly, hospitable, and always happy to help make your wedding dreams a reality. From local florists and photographers to caterers and musicians, there is a wealth of talented and experienced wedding vendors in the area who are dedicated to ensuring that your special day is perfect in every way.
Boone, NC is a great location to get married in North Carolina. It is a charming mountain town that offers breathtaking views and venues for couples to choose from.
Thinking of Relocating?
North Carolina is a beautiful state with many benefits. Many couples relocate from Texas and California. Here are some reasons why you might consider relocating there:
- Natural Beauty: North Carolina boasts stunning natural beauty, with its beaches, mountains, and forests. Whether you love hiking, skiing, or spending time on the water, North Carolina offers plenty of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors.
- Mild Climate: North Carolina has a mild climate, with four distinct seasons. Summers can be hot, but the humidity is lower than in other southern states. Winters are generally mild, although the mountains can receive significant snowfall.
- Affordable Cost of Living: North Carolina has a relatively low cost of living, making it an affordable place to live compared to other parts of the country. Housing costs are reasonable, and groceries and other daily expenses are also lower than in many other states.
- Strong Economy: North Carolina has a strong economy, with a diverse range of industries, including technology, healthcare, and finance. The state is home to major companies like Bank of America, Lowe’s, and Duke Energy, as well as many small and medium-sized businesses.
- Good Schools: North Carolina has a number of excellent public and private schools, including some of the top-ranked universities in the country, such as Duke University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University.
- Southern Hospitality: North Carolina is known for its friendly and welcoming people, often called “southern hospitality.” If you’re looking for a place to feel at home and make new friends, North Carolina might be a great fit for you.
- Cultural Diversity: North Carolina is home to a diverse population, with a mix of urban, suburban, and rural areas. This diversity is reflected in the state’s arts and culture scene, with many museums, galleries, and performing arts venues showcasing a variety of styles and perspectives.
- Great Food: North Carolina is known for its delicious cuisine, including barbecue, fried chicken, and seafood. Whether you’re a foodie or just appreciate good home-cooking, North Carolina has something for everyone.
If these benefits align with your lifestyle and priorities, North Carolina could be a great place to relocate to and get married. If you plan on getting married in Texas before you move here, the Texas Hill Country is an excellent option. Northern California is a perfect option if you’re staying in California to get married. Otherwise, our team at Alexander Homestead is experienced in working with out-of-state destination wedding couples and would be elated to work together on planning your wedding here.
Pisgah National Forest
Pisgah National Forest is a stunning natural wonder in western North Carolina, covering over 500,000 acres of land. It is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, offering hiking, camping, fishing, rock climbing, and more activities. Here’s some information about Pisgah National Forest that may be helpful if you’re considering getting married near there:
- Scenery: Pisgah National Forest is known for its breathtaking scenery, which includes ancient mountains, cascading waterfalls, and dense forests. Whether you’re looking for a mountain backdrop or a forest setting, Pisgah National Forest offers plenty of options for a beautiful and memorable wedding.
- Hiking trails: The forest has over 1,600 miles of hiking trails, ranging from easy strolls to strenuous hikes. Many of the trails lead to scenic overlooks, waterfalls, and other natural attractions, providing great opportunities for wedding photos.
- Waterfalls: Pisgah National Forest is home to over 250 waterfalls, making it an ideal location for a romantic and picturesque wedding. Some of the most popular waterfalls include Looking Glass Falls, Sliding Rock, and Moore Cove Falls.
- Wildlife: Pisgah National Forest is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including black bears, deer, wild turkeys, and more. You may even spot some of these animals during your wedding ceremony or reception if you’re lucky.
- Camping: The forest has several campgrounds offering RV and tent camping, cabins, and other accommodations. If you’re planning a multi-day wedding celebration, camping in Pisgah National Forest could be a great option.
- Accessibility: Pisgah National Forest is located near several major cities, including Asheville, Charlotte, and Greenville, making it easily accessible for out-of-town guests. Several airports are within driving distance, making it easy for guests to fly in from other parts of the country.
- Permitting: If you plan on getting married in Pisgah National Forest, you’ll need to obtain a special use permit from the Forest Service. The permit process can take several weeks, so plan ahead.
Overall, Pisgah National Forest offers a stunning and unique setting for a wedding celebration. With its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and wide range of activities, it’s no wonder why so many couples choose to get married near there.
Nantahala National Forest
Nantahala National Forest is a beautiful location to consider for your wedding. Here’s everything you need to know:
Nantahala National Forest is located in southwestern North Carolina, covering over 531,000 acres in the Appalachian Mountains. The forest is adjacent to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Cherokee National Forest.
The forest offers breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, rolling hills, cascading waterfalls, and crystal clear streams. The diversity of landscapes and ecosystems within the forest means that there are endless options for scenic wedding locations, from mountaintops to riverside meadows.
The forest offers a wide range of recreational activities, including hiking, camping, fishing, mountain biking, and whitewater rafting. This means that your wedding guests can enjoy plenty of outdoor activities before or after your wedding ceremony.
If you plan to get married in Nantahala National Forest, you’ll need to obtain a special use permit from the forest service. The permit will outline any restrictions and guidelines for your wedding ceremony.
The forest has plenty of options for accommodations, including campsites, cabins, and lodges. If you’re looking for something more upscale, nearby towns such as Asheville or Bryson City offer a variety of hotels, bed and breakfasts, and vacation rentals.
Nantahala National Forest has a temperate climate, with mild temperatures in the spring and fall, warm summers, and cool winters. However, the weather can be unpredictable in the mountains, so it’s important to have a backup plan in case of inclement weather.
Overall, Nantahala National Forest offers a beautiful and diverse location for a wedding ceremony, with plenty of recreational opportunities for your guests to enjoy. Research the permit requirements and consider the weather and accommodations before deciding.
That wraps up our top wedding venues in North Carolina and helpful information about getting married in NC.
Congratulations on making it to the end of our tour of the top wedding venues in North Carolina! Whether you’re looking for a rustic outdoor setting, a grand ballroom, or a romantic beach wedding, North Carolina has something to offer. From the mountains to the coast, the state’s natural beauty provides a stunning backdrop for your special day. With various wedding venues and vendors, planning your wedding in North Carolina can be an exciting and stress-free experience. We hope this guide has been helpful in giving you some ideas and inspiration for your big day. Best of luck to you in your wedding planning journey!